Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Christmas Over and out for another year.

CHINA | Monday, 28 December 2009 | Views [402]

Sunset, BBQ and beer. Good times.

Sunset, BBQ and beer. Good times.

So Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you have a fab time and didnt eat or drink too much!

Us here in Sanya had a very cruizy day. It started off with a sleep in by everyone. It was another blue sky sunny day thank god! Dion and I prepared most of the food. Went down to the local market and brought all the vegies so they were nice and fresh. Since the Chinese dont celebrate Christmas there was nothing closed and no massive rush on xmas eve. It was kinda refreshing to not have the hustle and bussel. 

So anyways we moved down to the beach about noon once everyone was up. We just laxed out, played frizby, swam and drank beer. Another 3 people whom had been hanging out in Yangshuo before coming here joined us. A kiwi guy David, pommy guy Paulie and Chinese girl Sue. So there were a few of us hanging out. Was good to get the locals walking along trying our BBQ (it was a normal Chinese one but hey.. it must have looked good having us hanging out there!) Some even tried to pay us money. Haha nice.

So the beer drinking went late into the night once we got the bomb-fire going it was all good. There were these little kids who kept hanging around and were demanding some beer. We were good and didn't give in but still it was kinda annoying. But all in all it was a great xmas day, very different to not having the family around but good to still have lots of people.

Since then we haven't had to much on, a few trips here and there but nothing to busy. We are kind of stuck on Island time where everything is just whenever. There is no rush to get out of bed in the morning and no rush to get anything done. Soon though it will kick off with school groups but till then we are enjoying the down time as well as the sunshine!

Bring on the New Year I say.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.