Existing Member?

Quest

Closing the loop

CANADA | Thursday, 29 May 2008 | Views [495]

We arrived in Winnipeg Wednesday evening (May 14) just before 7 or so. Lori picked us up, we swung by eatit.ca where we had a joyous reunion, and then over to her place in River Heights where we have been ever since. We made a deal, back on the phone at "Wit's End" (cute! the name of the estate in Ontario where we were the previous week). We met through couchsurfing.com and I explained to Lori that Dave and I were a kind of "travelling organic food show". She was all ready to let us buy and make organic food, and we were delighted to have a kitchen to use. I'm writing now from my laptop in her dining room. Our bikes are in the garage, and we have been staying in her spare bedroom and getting to know Lori, and her dog and cat. It's been great making dinner for Lori and dining with her. The location was made in heaven, right smack dab between Dave's mom's and my brother's place.  We have had a great chance to get around to see people in the area that we know, and shop at some of our favourite organic food stores.

Aside from visiting with Dave's mom in between cleaning out the clutter which we had left in her garage and sorting out the things that were at my brother's place, we had all sorts of visits with family and friends. We cherished each and every one of those visits, whether we took a picture of it or not!

Leaving family and friends is the only really difficult part of leaving Winnipeg...

We didn't even make it to see our dear neighbours. But, it seemed a tad soon after moving from our home (was our castle) on Tait Avenue. Looks like we might be ready for that part of the journey next time!

Au revoir!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.