Existing Member?

Quest

Enterring North America again...

USA | Thursday, 13 March 2008 | Views [473]

We arrived in Atlanta on March 13th, waited forever in a line up of people 'other than Americans' and when they found out we were Canadian, they just whisked us right through and that was that for customs. It was another story trying to get out of the airport with our luggage. We were abandoning the second leg of our journey (had purchased round trip from L.A. with stopover in Atlanta). The upshot of it all was that we had to pay 150 dollars in order to convert our baggage tickets so that we could leave the airport in Atlanta with our luggage rather than having our luggage go on without us to L.A.

We stayed overnight at the hostel in Atlanta, where we had stayed on the overnight layover on the way out...

The next day, we put it in a call to Barbara Trent who would be our new wwoofing host in NC as it turned out, and hustled our things together and our way down to the bus in order to catch a ride out of Atlanta and headed for Greenville. We left at 11:30. Later that same day, the storm arose which took out part of the stadium in Atlanta!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.