Existing Member?

Quest

Eugene

USA | Friday, 23 November 2007 | Views [419]

Our next stop was Eugene, Oregon. On the bus, we had a nice chat with fellow rider, Sean. He was meeting his child and their mom at the station. I hope their visit went well. They took us to our hostel where we met the manager, Mac. It was American Thanksgiving, and for the occasion, he was watching The U.S. vs. John Lennon, an interesting documentary. We enjoyed the film, and had a good sleep. The next day, we chatted a bit with Mac before getting ready to leave. Then, a young fellow named Derrick showed up, also ready to leave. He offered Dave the chance to play his guitar. Then, Derrick played a song of his own writing. We were very inspired! It was completely original and Dylanesque at the same time. Derrick was also on his way. So, we set off together, Dave and I toting our luggage on wheels behind us as usual. Derrick was inspired as we toured the health food stores of Eugene. He was interested in what Dave and I had to offer about food and health. We stopped for a bite in a park, and, once again, Derrick shared a few tunes with us. The previous evening on the bus, we had mentioned A Course in Miracles, and Dave thought that he should read it. Derrick was studying the course himself as of the last 10 days or so. Happy to go back to the first lesson, we all took it on together. (I had studied A Course in Miracles some years ago and it was great to refresh, and so fun to do it in a group the way we did it -- playing around with the ideas, and quoting the language throughout the day.) Derrick was footloose, and decided to tag along with us to Ashland, our next destination.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.