Existing Member?

Quest

Sara

CANADA | Thursday, 15 November 2007 | Views [477]

Talking to Trevor about traveling was great; however, we did not get started on that until the weekend. In the meantime, we had an interesting adventure. We took a hike to the AAA. It was so novel to be in a house and on our own with time to attend to our own business that we didn’t get started on our hike until very late. We felt a mysterious complacency as we headed downtown, fully aware that it would likely be closed once we arrived. And so it was. But, turning the corner to find something else, David recognized Sara, daughter of a very special client of Dave’s. Anyway, we had a great visit with Sarah and actually picked up a number of cues to our trip to come. If it hadn’t been for Sarah, I doubt that we would have visited Ashland. And yet, although Sarah and any number of people recommended Big Sur to us, it followed the path of Tofino, B.C., and landed up on that wonderful ‘to do’ list that travelers keep as they move along. I do not think that ANY place could ever beat the number of recommendations that Tofino garnered. Even as we were LEAVING the island, there was still an older couple recommending the trip to us. It just wouldn’t end!

But I digress.

We loved our meeting with Sara, and I felt that it was all a part of a special magic of hiking contentedly to a place that we both knew would be closed by the time we arrived. We stood for a very long time in front of the health food store while Sarah wound her bike light round and round (one of those specially powered gizmos that you wind up). I had first caught sight of her saying something to a homeless person, and admired her straightforward manner with him. It was refreshing. I was delighted when David realized he knew her and doubled back to say hello. See you next time, Sara!

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.