Existing Member?

Another trip part 2 The amazing adventures of a lass from Belle Isle!!

I'm Back!

HONG KONG | Wednesday, 22 October 2008 | Views [887] | Comments [11]

I am sorry guys, I have been thinking of you and appreciate my lack of blog has led to some contamination of the blog!!!

But I have signed up to BBC Entertainment and that has replaced bogging! As well as catching up on the X FACTOR on itv.com!!! Am I allowed to cry with only a min snippet ;)

Well just had a most surreal day I have been to Macau an island off Hong Kong although only 1 hour away we needed our passports and have a new stamp for another 180 days so not illegal yet! Still no sign of an ID card! or work visa!

Any how the island was originaly Portugese so it was like a little bit of Europe(see fotos)We then  went to the Ventian casino! again we were in Europe very weird! and all the time surrounded by chinese people!(is that pc?)

 Having a great week off went to Lantau another island that is part of Hong Kong on Monday and visited the Big Buddha amazing(went up on the cable car! I am getting so brave) and had a great Vegetarian chinese at the monastery. We then went to Tai o which is one of the few villages on stilts still around amazing and then saw Pink dolphins!!! the best bit was it only cost us 20 dollars less than 2 pound! You know me I like a bargain(No comments thank you!!!)

Apart from the sightseeing generally came 2 nd in the local pub quiz! Nearly got run over by stepping into the road to avoid a flying cockroache!! and nearly stepped on a frog in the middle of Briggate(leeds reference) It was actually Queens Road central!

So you see I have been busy oh yes I ahve been working as well! Still no take up on my Science(thank goodness) club and cookery club! But have survived parents coffee morning including crafts(some of you will know how stressful that was for me! me and crafts!!! Basic!)

I will add photos so dont log on yet!

Thanks again for all your comments its great.

Off to find out about some volunteering tomorrow and I am going on a hike with a new group next week trying to broaden my networks!!!

Take care

Tracey and Gladstone(look out for him he has turned up as my class mascot so far not got lost down anyones trousers and the children love him!)

xxxx

Tags: life in general

Comments

1

Wow Tracey, You've gone right across the world and you're like fearless 'Heights, what heights' woman! The pictures are amazing. How many steps up to the buddha? Do you mean real-life koalas clinging to those buildings or sculptures? Aren't koalas down under?

Aneesa coming home for a full week next week - it's half term for me and 'study' week for her! Waseem on the other hand is also on 'study' week but has to stay at uni in order to 'work' on the uni's computers.

xx

  Tasleem Oct 23, 2008 5:22 AM

2

I'm back too!! Hi everyone. I'm exhausted - just spent the last 45 mins catching up on here and reading the sagas and viewing the photo's. Can't believe I missed it all. I've been away on a Caribbean island with Jonny Depp and was far too busy to blog!! Ok ok I was in Scarborough seeing my mum, then ended up back there week after as she was poorly.

Had a couple of chats with Trace. She seems to be immersing herself in the HK way of life and culture. Anyone else suspicious about the 'roof' photo's? Why are they are bobbing down below the wall? I reckon Trace is squatting up there and doesn't want to be identified. Either that or they are all legless and can't stand up. Must be those royal cocktails.

Jo Sav



  Jo Sav Oct 28, 2008 5:44 AM

3

Hi

I've been looking at other people's blogs. Sad I know. I didn't know you could access them via the icons along the top. So far I've only been to 'Pakistan' and can't get over 'Shaz' travelling all around the world all on her tod! Puts me to shame.

xx

  tasleem Oct 29, 2008 5:36 AM

4

Hi Trace,
Is this the same Tracey who wouldn't do cable cars in Barca?
I hope you are saving some exciting things to see when I come over!!
I notice that Tas has forgotten all about Barcelona already, only been to Pakistan indeed.

  tula Oct 30, 2008 9:29 PM

5

Hi,

No, what I meant was that I've only been to Pakistan on other people's blogs. Not that your blog isn't interesting Tracey .... just whiling away the time by nosying into the icons along the top. I'm a bit like Mrs Haversham, sitting in front of the screen covered in cobwebs. I mention Barcelona to the family at the drop of a hat, only the other day la sagrada was on the news and there I was straight in to mention I've seen that. It's wearing a bit thin, I don't even get the rolling eyes anymore.

xx

  tasleem Oct 31, 2008 1:14 AM

6

COME BACK MAX ALL IS FORGIVEN!

  Name and address with held for personal safety reasons Oct 31, 2008 8:26 AM

7

I may be tempted.......

  Maximus Nov 1, 2008 1:27 AM

8

......and not for the first time!

  Is it safe yet? Nov 1, 2008 6:15 AM

9

What's going on? I keep checking this blog and THERE'S NOWT HAPPENING? Where has everyone gone? Is there a new blog that I don't know anything about?!!? Have we all sacked it off?
Ms Emms, you said you would do a new blog to get everybody posting again. Have you sacked it off as well?
????????????????????????

  Tracy Nov 28, 2008 11:54 PM

10

Hi Tracy and the rest of th blog followers if there are any still out there!!! Sorry it has been a while but what with work, going out, answering emails and talking on skype oh and watching x factor highlights on line!!! where does the time go? May be I should change the style of the blog where I just add photos and we chat on the blog rather than writing a story? what do you think? Day to day life is not as interesting as my round the world adventures last year!!!

  fozzy Nov 29, 2008 4:01 AM

11

Hi Tracey
It's amazing how manic life gets at this time of year, is it the same in HONG KONG? We get 11 months to plan for an event that happens at the same time every year, I mean it's not like Easter when you never know when it will be unless you are some weird moon and sun worshiper!!! But we are never ready, I know we could be sad and start shopping in August but it never feels right some how thinking about Xmas when you are still trying to get away with wearing summer frocks!!
We had a party today, the first one in our new extension, a couple of neighbours popped round (Chris and Joan) you know Joan was the loud out of control one at Lynne's birthday meal!! Oh no that was Lynne, well it was her birthday party!! Any way they popped round and we sat in the new extension surrounded by all the builders rubbish, drinking mulled wine, it was quite festive, how desperate are we?!! Any way the building work has a week to go then we get 2 weeks rest. It's coming along nicely and we are now at the stage of wanting it finished, patience was never my strong point. Anyway hope you have a fab xmas and your trip to Oz goes smoothly. Will be in touch in the new year.

Merry Xmas to all the other bloggers, be blogging you!!

Tracie and Lynne xx

  Tracie and Lynne Dec 15, 2008 5:07 AM

About fozzy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.