Existing Member?

'Cos we're leaving on a jet plane ASIA ... ready or not, here we COME!

Departure from Toronto.. finally!

CANADA | Thursday, 4 October 2007 | Views [923] | Comments [3]

So we're hitched!!!! (YEA!) And finally embarking on our 6 month extended honeymoon! Felix and I are sitting in my basement, starting to slowly plan and finalize the details for our trip.  We just bought our travel insurance...photo copied our passports, and wrote Adrienne's to do list for the next 6 months...  everything is slowly starting to get finalized... and falling into place.

I can't believe that we will be leaving in 5 days... or as our buddy Sumit would say: " T minus 5 days." ;)(BTW full credit goes to him for starting the seed of this dream for Felix and I!)

The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of activity... from entertaining all our out of town guests and relatives, to making the trek to MEC to buy our awesome backpacks.. to getting the house in ship shop shape for Adrienne.. to now just buying the last minute necessities for this trip.

The start of this trip is sooo exciting for us... but yet bittersweet! I am really going to miss my brother and sister, and Mao... and all our friends. I guess the last two weeks have been atypical as well.. just cause with the wedding... we have seen the tremendous sacrifices, and efforts that our friends and family have just POURED into us and our wedding celebration. It's overwhelming to say the least... and I have a feeling that I am going to be a tiny bit sad when it comes time to leave.

Our first stop is in Hong Kong, where we will have yet another wedding celebration. (Oct 16th!) My fellow chickenball Laura will be flying to Hong Kong from Korea to celebrate with us, as well as a bunch of my high school friends. After that... our first stop will be China...we are now starting to do the research on where we should go... and hopefully we can secure some good deals to Guilin and Yellow Mountain.. but hey.. you never know. We have adopted the "fly by the seat of our pants," approach.. so we will just go to where the good deals bring us! Ok.. I have rambled on for long enough... (I believe you will find that this is a recurring trend in these blogs... cause as you all may know.. I like to talk... and Felix does not!)

Ok... gonna let the man of few words (aka my husband!!! ;p) add his two cents...

Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing in our special day with us and for your well wishes...  Please be sure to keep in touch via this travel blog!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

HI. I am stoked for the 2 of you guys. I hope you guys have safe travels ... be careful!!!! Bring pepper spray. Ummm. Bickering is probably normal ... arm-wrestle it out. OH and i hope you have an awesome 2nd wedding celebration. I havn't told you how much fun i had at your wedding. Good job guys. See you guys. I may message u for some advice on this wedding planning thing. =D. peace and chicken grease.

  bonton aka bonstance aka bonnie Oct 5, 2007 12:00 AM

2

I've just added this site to my favorites... keep the entries coming!!

  Ivy Oct 11, 2007 5:45 AM

3

Hi Steph & Felix,

Miss you guys already...how's HK???? it's already getting cold here in Toronto....

Anyway, have fun at your banquet tomorrow! and can't wait to hear about your all adventures to come!

  Karen Oct 15, 2007 12:30 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.