Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 168: All aboard

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Saturday, 2 July 2016 | Views [147]

Did some grocery shopping for our four day train trip tomorrow. Pavel was sick so we had a honcho stand in who took us to the station and made sure we got on the right train...just like having a parent really :) Had an hour or two before the train came so was a golden opportunity to people watch - people of all ages, mostly Russians. Nikki played her guitar for us to pass the time and we had a song along. Once on the train it was a little hot and stuffy but when it moves it's great...we were bunking with Paul and Sarah again so we'll really get to know each other by the end. There are a few babies in our carriage so let's see how that goes...We passed small towns and it reminded us of Croatia - so green. The smell of rain filled the carriage as we drove through a storm. We visited the dining cart - a green and white, 60's futuristic explotion that looks totally out of place with the basic, brown wood of the rest of the train. Walking between carriages when the train is flying along is both cool and scary...to think you'd be mince meat if you feel down there and we pretended we were in the Terminator movies or action movies running through the carriages being chased by the Russians hehehee. We also learned today that we will need to get use to noodles and soup for a few days. Showed a few newbies how to play Uno and Monopoly Deal. 

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.