Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 167: Iguana wheat

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Friday, 1 July 2016 | Views [170]

Pavel took us for a roof top breakfast (chai pudding and scrambled tofu mmm) and suggested the metro stops to gaze at the architecture. I was pleasantly surprised at the amazing site this is. We stopped at five of the main ones - all amazing Art Deco masterpieces with fragile looking light fittings and grand marble coloumns. Walked to the pavillion space or Soviet Memorial Park - a big open space with fountains, statues and amusement park all from the soviet era. As well as a rocket, space shuttle and lots of symbols from that time - wheat the reoccuring symbol to feed the people...and to do that we need to work together as a unit. Communism has some great ideas...pity about its bad wrap. Coming home via the subway we witnessed probably the coolest and weirdest thing - a girl with a live, bright orange iguana strapped to her back as a pet. I asked to pat it at our stop and it felt like thin, warm chainmail...only bummed I didnt get a photo.

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.