Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 166: Moscow

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Thursday, 30 June 2016 | Views [150]

Overnight train was comfy but confined, we really enjoyed it. Friendly conductor who enjoyed seeing my animal pictures in my passport. Got into Moscow at around 6:50am and met Pavel our Honcho for this stop. Really nice guy, first time with Vodka Train, a gamer and teacher with a great sense of humour, so we are going to get along just fine. Not much time to nap and out for breakfast to sample a Russian cafeteria. Strolled through center of town, passed a tonne of icecream stalls on our way to the Red Square. Saw the amazing colours ans shapes of St Basils, the Kremlin and mummified Lenin (I skipped this one). Sampled an icecream from a company operating in Russia for 50 years then checked out the rest of Gum department store. Walked through some lovely green parks and along the river with bridges lined with colourful flowers. We all had a sleep in the park for 40mins right in front of the "ugly monument" of Peter the Great - looking very Peter Pan like on the tall ship.

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.