Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 144: Very Vantastic Vaffels

NORWAY | Wednesday, 8 June 2016 | Views [276]

Stine was our guide today and she recommended the ski jump and a good ol' mountain hike. She wasn't wrong! Holmenkollen is a MASSIVE olympic ski jump open to everyone to walk around and marvel at it's size and grandeur (and click here for what it looks like in winter on comp night!). Found a sneaky troll sculpture and found out all about the myths told by parents to their kids here. Then hit the trails - on a serious "vaffel hunt". We climbed up the mountain, overlooking the harbor and wound in and out of trails and the cross country skiing practice tracks. Our first destination Frognersetern didn't have waffles but had some pastries instead (gotta keep the energy levels up). Then we hit the serious trails and continued our waffle hunt (Stine was keen on keeping her promise). Trekked for a few more hours until we arrived at Sognsvann Lake. So many people enjoying this place: swimming, running, playing Kubb and EATING VAFFELS! We got our own vaffel med krem (waffle with jam and sour cream). Ate it lake side and enjoyed the 8:00pm sun shine.  

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.