Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 64 v2: Southern Air Temple

PERU | Thursday, 31 March 2016 | Views [465] | Comments [1]

Wiped off the diesel and up we got. Had a breakfast snack and hopped on the bus up to MP for our official tour, so seeing it twice was a real treat. The bus takes 40mins and winds up the hill. It's really quite hidden and you can't see it from the river or town below. The magic was almost lost when we got there and had to push our way through tourists-a-plenty...after being on the track for several days it almost seemed annoying to share it with so many people ;) Edwin our guide gave an excellent tour we were fascinated to hear that they may have used the milky way and southern cross as ways of navigating. They really sounded like astronomers, mathematicians and clever farmers. The site is huge and really cool. We also checked out the crazy Inca draw bridge...another path they entered Machu Picchu...but its built on the side of a cliff and to walk on it would be like walking on a knife edge. Nuts. We had a nice lunch with great people and our trek finally came to an end with the train ride back to Cusco and said our goodbyes. Manuel welcomed us back with big hugs!

Comments

1

Lis & Mike, what an amazing time you are having. To see the ruins must have taken your breath away. Keep blogging, I'm loving reading your adventures. Xx

  Kerry Lawrence Apr 2, 2016 12:59 PM

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.