Existing Member?

It's already tomorrow in Australia... Carry On Backpacking

It's grim up north

VIETNAM | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [723] | Comments [3]

Arrived in Hanoi after another overnight sleeper. Most of our first day involved getting our arrangements sorted for the next two legs of the journey, and numerous trips to he bank. I manage to squeeze a couple of hours shopping in at last. Hanoi is sparkly shoe capital of the world and I can't resist a pair of vertiginous patent heels for only a few pounds. There's no room in the bag for them, but I don't care. When I put them on I'm delighted to be a girl again.

Just as well I had something to cheer me up as we watched the rugby in the pub last night. The few of you who know what the Wobblies mean to me will know how I feel. No one here understands. The G-man tells me they didn't deserve to win, as if that makes any difference. It's the last time I'll see the Guvnor play, and I'm heartbroken.

No time to mope, though. Off to Ha Long Bay for a three day trip.

Tags: Shopping

Comments

1

I was thinking about you all through the match yesterday, sorry mate. Sport really sucks sometimes. It's been a funny old world cup this one. xxxx

  Cat Oct 7, 2007 7:31 PM

2

You can never have too many shoes.

Em xx

ps - sorry about the Wobblies. Sucks, yes.

  Emily Oct 8, 2007 1:11 AM

3

Caught the last 10 mins of the game. Gutted for you and Wobblies. Equally gutted at Scotland's poor show tonight made all the worse by a few moments of rugby near the final whistle. If only they had played some rugby for the previous 70 minutes.

  Shaesh Oct 8, 2007 7:11 AM

About esther


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.