Existing Member?

It's already tomorrow in Australia... Carry On Backpacking

Tombraider

CAMBODIA | Friday, 28 September 2007 | Views [503] | Comments [3]

The ruins at Angkor were as impressive as expected. Angkor Wat (the big temple) was especially so, but my favourite was the one with cows grazing all around it. (Still no photos!)  I got my chance to run around pretending to be Lara Croft, but that lasted for about five minutes. It was just too hot to climb and after a while they all merge into one - "have we seen this one already? Maybe it just looks the same....." One day was enough, even though we only saw a fraction of the area.

Had a relaxing second day in Siem Reap. It's a resort much like any other in the world. The guesthouse had a pool and for the first time this trip I felt as though I was on holiday. On Friday we took the boat back to PP. It was very noisy and I got a little sunburnt (with SPF45 on!), so it wasn't quite the relaxing river/lake cruise I'd expected, but it was different from the bus and worth doing for some lovely views.

One last meal in PP with Uncle G and it was time to hit the road agaon to the next country...

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Such a pity you didn't have room in the rucksack for your Lara Croft costume!

Looking forward to seeing your pics sometime.

  Cat Oct 2, 2007 5:36 PM

2

Just watch out, you'll give the Gman ideas that he's either Indianna Jones or Crocadile Dundee when you hit Oz.!! Glad to see you having a ball. Looking forward to the next episode of Star Soap!!

  Mum Oct 2, 2007 8:25 PM

3

Thanks for the update mate...you know we're dying to see those piccies!
xxxx

  Sue Oct 3, 2007 6:52 AM

About esther


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.