Existing Member?

It's already tomorrow in Australia... Carry On Backpacking

Happy Birthday Shaesh!

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 7 August 2008 | Views [660]

I was a little bit sneaky and came home a bit early in time for my sister's birthday. I didn't tell her and so she had a little bit of a shock, but I think it was mostly a good shock. All that stuff about killing me in my sleep was idle banter. I hope.

So I made it home after a long trip via Singapore. My last day in Aus was very special. I went to the Aussie Rules footy with another Rach, one of my friends from Hobart who was in Melbourne for the weekend. It was my first live match and although I didn't understand the game at all before that day I picked it up quick enough. It was a lovely way to end my trip.

At the end of more than ten months away my passport is a mess. Fifteen previously blank pages have been filled with often multiple stamps for the seven countries I went to. The front cover has worn off so that you can't really tell where I"m from. Maybe that's quite apt. At least I haven't lost my accent. Adjusting to life at home is going to be hard. I miss travelling already and the weather during a Weegie summer is worse than and Aussie winter. But they say that home is where the heart is and my heart is where my family is. For that reason, if only that, it's good to be back.

About esther


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.