Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

Flying High

BRAZIL | Thursday, 11 February 2010 | Views [630]

Well hello everyone, we are delighted to be back in action!!! And of course, as last time, we want to share our adventure with ye all...  It started with a flight from Cork and a flight from Stavanger that would reunite the Posh Backpackers at Gatwick airport.

We arrived at Gatwick with our trolly dolly backpacks (half full) and to go with that we also had matching shoes. Whilst passing the "casino" in Gatwick, there was this vision in front of us... A dressed up businessman with a gun in his hand shooting at a video game...BANG BANG BANG.

And we were cheering him on like he was a jockey "GO ON BOY! GO ON BOY!!!"...

We made one big purchase at Gatwick,3 bottles of sunblock, factor 15, 25 and 30, the CASPERS were ready for their sun destination. And we were off, the girls were on fire!! But that fire soon died out when we arrived at Porto airport for our 8 hour stop-over. We froze our asses off for 8 hours, after a bit of drama in customs over our 3 bottles of sunblock... We had it in our hands and going through customs realised we couldn't bring our precious sunblock through to arrivals due to liquid restrictions. So had to get our trollies off the luggage storage, bring them to customs to put in the sunblock, bring them back to luggage storage and bring ourselves through customs again. All the while the custom officers were looking at our matching trollies and shoes laughing. Ah we sure do love to make an impression... Tried to make ourselves comfortable on the freezing tiled floor at Porto airport, feeling very sorry for ourselves, when two Italian stallions arrived and gave us a blanket as we were dressed for sunny Rio.

Stay tuned for pre-carnival celebrations in Rio!!

PF - the scenic photos are being developed so hold on to your seat for breathtaking views!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.