Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

Salvador

BRAZIL | Saturday, 10 November 2007 | Views [643] | Comments [7]

Left our little family at Alpha Hostel... And headed for Salvador-Bahia. Took a flight which was delayed and ended up staying at the free Accomodation - Airport seats not the most comfortable would not recommend it (unless you want to save 8 euro). Made our way to the hostel, and at 9 in the morning Salvador was already hopping. Music, art, and lots of dancing till early hours. Met looooads of new FRIENDS (we consider anyone who talks or gives us an email a new friend). Queued in a bank for 2 hours to change some cash, to realise we hadn't brought our passports, so had to get them and re-queue for another 2 hours.... But before you start feeling too sorry for us, looking all pissed-off walking the streets and missing Rio, two Capoeira guys (Capoeria = Brazilian martial arts/dance played with live music) came to our rescue.  Oh what a show!

Went to a free samba/salsa concert in the streets at night with our new friends from the hostel. Lots of beers, craic and dancing!

Headed for a picturesque Island called Morro De Sao Paulo the next day, where we've been enjoying the sunshine, and just chilling. Did a bit of surfing today. We don't feel like backpackers at the mo. All we're missing are two STALLIONS, this is the most idyllic honeymoon destination we've seen.

Photos will follow when the internet connection improves. Stay tuned for more from the Posh Backpackers!

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

hey girls
sounds like you are getting all the juices from Brasil. I can only imagine! Its like reading an adventure book, hehe
don't forget to ask for receipts every time you exchange money.
Here just started to snow!
beijos
j

  joana Taya Nov 10, 2007 11:14 AM

2

hey you two posh backpackers: don't break too many hearts! All fine here. Spent the last 2 weeks working with Djirons in Portugal, 24C every day. LOL. Rolf

  rolf Nov 13, 2007 3:45 AM

3

Yes we're trying to get as much juice as we can... Rolf - I don't know who's breaking whose hearts... We're good girls, promise!

  entertainers Nov 14, 2007 6:44 AM

4

Da mo' da place, mo' betta mo' best ;-)

Just be careful with all them juices Joana is referring to, will ya? ;-x

Go past beach 5....

Remember that you'll be back when you have someone worthwhile to share it with (honeymoon).

Beijão,
Thor

  Thor Nov 17, 2007 8:26 AM

5

guys by juices i mean it in an innocent way (all the fun)...and i´m sure, you are the just doing that, you have the good common sense gene after all, haha

  joana Taya Nov 18, 2007 9:13 PM

6

yea! great to see both of you do it!!!
call me if you get caught up in the clutches of some evil druglords.
i've shot loads from them ,so they might just let you go.
love,
kapil

  kapil Nov 20, 2007 6:28 PM

7

yo. hope u`re both well. send some sunshine my way cause its cold here. låvvvv juuuu. sirixxx

  siri Nov 21, 2007 5:13 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.