Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Denmark - Jutland

DENMARK | Saturday, 9 September 2017 | Views [355] | Comments [1]

Hi from Scandinavia!! We are spending the next month travelling around in our motorhome. We will be visiting Denmark, Norway and Sweden, as well as passing through the Netherlands and Germany to get there. First stop Denmark.  Great crossing from Hull to Rotterdam followed by a bit of an epic 10 hour drive through the Netherlands and Germany to get to Denmark.

Denmark - Jutland

First impression of this area of Denmark is that it looks exactly like the UK especially in the pouring rain!! Hand a fascinating visit to Silkeborg museum which is home to the Tullund Man, a 2,400 year old man found in a peat bog in 1950 a few miles from the museum. He is so well preserved you can see every wrinkle on his face and whisker on his chin. Moved further north and visited a Viking village and fortress, really great. We got to make Viking bread over an open fire, or as we would call it – a chapati!! Mark is really chuffed it has been raining for a few days and we have to do indoor historic activities (not)!! Managed to get a few hours walk in a beautiful forest called Rold Skov on our last afternoon in Denmark. Sorry no photos, I seem to have misplaced the wire I need to connect to my tablet, doh!! Hopefully we'll get it sorted at the next town we visit or its going to be a bit of a boring blog this time!!!

Comments

1

Hi you to, Your blog couldn't be boring because we miss you already! (do you feel sick as well for no apparent reason) Dad XXX

  Dad Sep 10, 2017 9:54 PM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.