Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Basque Country - Bilbao

SPAIN | Sunday, 25 September 2016 | Views [541] | Comments [2]

Made the short journey to Bilbao our final destination on this trip. Had low expectations of Bilbao as it has been a very industrial city but was absolutely well impressed. Over the last 20 years the whole docklands has been re-developed with a strong emphasis on ground breaking architecture interspersed with elegant green spaces. The guggenheim building is mega impressive alongside the river. There are lots of sculptures everywhere, impressive lighting arrangements and galleries galore. The whole area reminds me very much of Sydney. There is still the old town intact with it narrow lanes and churches. As the city sits along the river in the valley it is surrounded by green hills. The city is still rough around the edges but I think that adds to the mix. Did a fabulous bike tour with a very knowledgeable guide and walked our legs off for the rest of the time. The motorhome stopover is on a hill overlooking the city so the day and night views are amazing. Very impressed with Bilbao. Sorry no photos for the last few stories, we are low on Spanish data so I need wifi. Will hopefully be able to upload on the port tomorrow before we sail home.

Comments

1

Hola strangers, Can you remember we drive on the left over here, it's been so long? You don't need brakes, they are only an added extra. Have you lost your camera because 4 blogs but no pictures to study. I fancy going to Bilbao after your positive tour guide. See you both soon, Adios Dad XXX

  Dad Sep 27, 2016 9:51 PM

2

Hola, you must not be reading my blog carefully. Not lost my camera I don't have enough internet data to upload photos! Will try at port tomorrow. See you very soon, love d & m xxx

  dawnandmark Sep 28, 2016 2:08 AM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.