Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Castille - Leon

SPAIN | Monday, 22 August 2016 | Views [323] | Comments [1]

Castille, Leon

Drove to Leon through lovely agricultural countryside. Fields of sunflowers, corn and maize. Fantastic free motorhome park next to river about 10 minutes walk from the centre of Leon. Explored Leon in the afternoon and evening. Beautiful historic city, lots of churches, squares, cobbled streets, city wall and bars. We saw 7 different weddings as we were walking around the city, lots of confetti, rose petals and heart shaped ballons at Spanish weddings.

So many bars in one area it is named Barrio Humido – the wet corner. Spent quite a bit of time in this area. With every beer you get a free tapas, cost less than 3 euros for two beers and tapas. Got our timings completely wrong again, all the other areas we have visited so far the siesta is at 2.30-5.00pm. Not Leon, just as we were getting into the swing of a few beers the majority of the bars and restaurants closed at 5pm and didn't re-open until 7.30pm!!! So we had to go on the tourist train tour of Leon to kill a bit of time! Mark loved it (NOT). Even though we had munched through a few free tapas we needed a bit more food for tea so we went very local. We had blood sausage stew and pigs trotters. Blood sausage stew was delicious but the pigs trotters were just fat and absolutely no meat – yuk! Fortunately they were in a very tasty sauce that helped us to eat at least some of it.

 

Comments

1

Hola, Some of these blue skys are unbelievably blue! Are you sure you haven't touched them up with your travel colouring set. Love Dad XXX

  Dad Aug 22, 2016 9:51 PM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.