Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

QLD Eungella Nat. Park

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 20 April 2016 | Views [437] | Comments [3]

On our way back to the coast we stopped for a couple of nights at the Eungella National Park.  Fabulous place right up on a plateau over looking the valley bellow.  The main reason was to see the duck billed platypus which we have been trying to spot since we arrived in Oz.  We have been to lots of platypus pools, creeks, viewing platforms and walks since we arrived but haven't seen a whisker.  Eungella is the best place in Oz to see them. We managed to get a bush camp pitch right next to the creek where they live and YES we did see multiple duck billed platypus throughout our two day stay.  We were camped on a national park site in a great pitch with its own campfire.  Loved sitting by the camp fire each night listening to the frog chorus.  Did a number of walks around the national park but I had a mini 'rainforest meltdown' on the 2nd day when we saw a huge, and I mean huge, python at the side of the track.  I tried to carry on but the path was really overgrown and when a leach got on my leg it pushed me over the edge into meltdown and I couldn't carry on - oh no what a drama queen!!  Mark got some great photos of the slithering beast but there is no way it is going on my blog!!  I have seen so many snakes since we got here (I have now stopped counting) I thought I was cured of my fear but alas it has returned two fold.  I had to have a few drinks by the campfire to calm down (any excuse!!).  Apart from that having a fantastic time.  Heading back to the coast now, hopefully cruising the whitsunday islands in the next couple of days.        

Comments

1

G'day cobbers, I bet you're disapointed with all the wildlife you're seeing when I went to your house yesterday & saw tadpoles in your pond!!! I bet your also envious of our now swealtering weather (sunny 14 degrees) Do you feel girly being frightened of such a weedy snake when crocodile Mark was so tough. Anyway keep living the life we all crave. See you both soon. XXX

  Dad Apr 21, 2016 6:48 PM

2

I bet YOU don't watch the snake video mark is going to send you!!! I wonder who planted the seed that I should be frightened of snakes??? Was it you 'jumping at the TV' papa Wilson by any chance???

  Dawn Apr 22, 2016 8:28 AM

3

Hi, I still jump at the telly. Ask your Mum. XXX

  Dad Apr 22, 2016 5:44 PM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.