Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Melbourne

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 29 February 2016 | Views [379] | Comments [2]

We arrived in Melbourne after more than 24 hours travel feeling pretty good, no apparent jet lag.  I knew we were definately in Oz when I spotted a mob of grey kangeroos about 2 minutes after leaving the airport on the sykbus!  Checked into our apartment and then headed off out to find something to eat.  Our digs are near to China town and the lanes, so first meal in Oz was a Chinese.

First day we went on a fantastic city bike tour that took in all the major sights and gave a great introduction to Melbourne.  It was a very pleasent 23C for the 4.5 hours cycle tour.  Melbourne is very modern and really mutli-cultural with great buildings, parks, bars and restuarants. 4pm the jet lag hit like a ton of bricks and we needed to go back to the apartment for a siesta!!!   Really struggled to get up but the need for food got us out.  Didn't venture far, 2nd night in Melbourne Korean for tea!

Exploring on foot for the second day.  Went out on Yarra river, through parks and botanic garden and then back into city. Lovely day, 23C.  Cream crackered by 4pm again, little pre-diner kip needed! Up and out to the Fiztroy area for food and drinks.  3rd night Spanish for tea.  Spotted a possum on our way home.

Hired bikes today and cycled out of city to the coast. Went to St Kilda and the very lovely Brighton beach.  Chilled on the beach for lunch in front of the cool beach huts and then cycled back into the city for beer o'clock on the side of the Yarra river. 4th night Indian for tea!  

So far so amazing!

Comments

1

Hi, sounds like you have settled right in! Relieved to hear you have had an Indian meal already. Hope the adventure continues to amazing.

Love Richard, Sam and George xx

  Richard Mar 1, 2016 5:19 PM

2

Photos are great both looking very happy and well fed.

Love Mum & Dad

  Mum & Dad Mar 2, 2016 1:29 AM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.