Existing Member?

World Adventure

Salvador

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 4 December 2008 | Views [983]

Oi All!

Not much sleep on the bus last night. We stopped every 3hrs. Couple of interesting incidents 1) a crazy person who was on the bus decided to start harassing other passengers. Bus driver got rid of him quickily at the nearest bus station with the police taking him away 2) a couple of near death overtakes. Looked out the window to see two trucks heading in the other direction overtaking and we had no room to get out of the way. Ended up with three vehicles in parallel using both stopping lanes to prevent the accident. This happened again later!

Trip took 28hrs and it was just too much for us this time. We hadn't had a long enough break from the last trip.

We have settled in and staying in the old city after getting ripped off by a taxi driver. Isn't this a familiar theme? starting to think that almost all taxi drivers are rogues.

Arrived just in time for a thunderstorm and rain. Went for a walk in the old city but had to retreat when the rain got heavier. Maybe later...

Adeus,

David & Vanessa

Travel Zombies...

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.