Existing Member?

World Adventure

Puerto Varas

CHILE | Saturday, 27 September 2008 | Views [1088]

Hola All,

Back on the V names. Decided that Puerto Varas would be nicer to stay than Puerto Montt. Rain, rain go away...Will probably have to wait the day out then go exploring tomorrow. Had a pretty good run of good weather. Staying at Compass del sur(compass to the south) hostel and it isn´t swiss run for once.

The bus drivers in Chile have a lot of patience. We have seen people stand 10m away from each other and then flag the bus down separately; and there are almost always people who flag down the bus just as it is about to leave a bus station even though the bus leaving time is well known and the bus has been sitting around for a while. Seems odd to me. I would just drive off without them then they would learn to get on the bus in time :-)

Jumped on a bus to just beyond ensalada 50km away at Lago todos los santos: no it´s not a biscuit! An act of desperation as the rain had kept us townbound all day. Spent 5 minutes in the national park then decided that it was a good idea to get back on the bus and return before dark just in case another bus was not on the way. Wrong wrong wrong. So many buses passed us on the way back.

Ate yet another berlin bun to celebrate Sams 40th birthday in Australia.Happy birthday Sam. Oops got the date wrong so it´s back to the cake shop tomorrow to celebrate the 27Sep08 in Chile. Not really. Just want another bun anyway.

Felt like eating something healthy tonight. Spent up big (12000 Chilean pesos or US$24) and made a nice mushroom and spinach fettucine pasta and then enough vegetable and lentil soup to feed bolivia for a year.

Day2. Back to Lago todos los santos again. Weather much nicer. Walk around the front of the lake. Clouds obscured the volcano for most of the day. Lake is emerald green in colour. Walked down to the waterfall which is about 6km away and has volume rather than height. Clouds cleared. Nice. Back to hostel to eat lots of icecream. 

Undecided on the next few days. Over to puerto montt then possibly try and get on the ferry to puerto natales one week early...  

Adios Amigos,

David & Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.