Existing Member?

the trip

Yosemite

USA | Sunday, 24 May 2009 | Views [403]

As the road into Yosemite went on it started getting higher, actually some points of the park are up to 9000 feet high, and Phill took a beating and over heated a few times, a bit of sitting about but nothing too bad, played baseball with a stick and pinecones while we waited, i sucked!

I couldn't describe this place (seems i say that alot), the cliffs rise up so high like sky scrapers around you, the valleys are deep and the melting ice caps turn in to giant water falls and rivers, never seen anything like it.

Was really worried coz this is bear country, and its very serious, but drinking change all that, infact stupidly broke a few rules, silly because they take its dead seriously, burning fires, cooking food, storing food, noise, drunkeness and gathering fire wood all carry hefty fines, guess we're lucky.

Lovely vibe though, we hooked up with some of the people that work there, its like centre parks only way cooler, once again, trashed with locals, and the next days hike just hurt, managed about half hour and called it a day, as it turned out the eastern pass had just opened up that day for the first day of the summer season, that drive i will never forget being 9000 feet up there, was like a winter wonderland!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.