Existing Member?

Darcy Down Under

"Everybody's going surfing..."

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 9 July 2013 | Views [395] | Comments [1]

I went surfing! Which was awesome!!!! HELLO! As many of you know, I could be part fish, so I loved playing in the water! I went with a surf school that does trips. The group was Deano (the instructor) and 2 guys from the UK who had come to Sydney for a big rugby match. The small group meant lots of good opportunities! We had a great day! I also realized it was one of only a handful of times I have been swimming in the ocean. The waves took a bit of getting used to, but by the end of the day I was thoroughly enjoying surfing! And I stood up and rode some waves. 

water

surf

silo

and a picture of our sweet beach side set-up:

beach party

Other than that, I was in the water and too busy living to take pictures! 

 

The last week has been really good! I have been going adventuring and learning more about my new home. I LOVE Bare CrossFit and haven't missed a day! It is the best way to start my mornings.

I got invited by a friend to go to a Paleo "meetup". I met a bunch of fun people who eat like me and want to share recipies and such. It was a really cool night!  I've also had some job interviews and am hoping to hear back soon about some possibilities. Looks like a I might have some fun decisions to make. Shabbos was lots of fun and I went to check out a new Shul. Met so many new people and the place had a great vibe. This week I also got involved with a group called Transition Bondi. It's a group that focuses on sustainability and eco living that does community gardening around Bondi. I had a blast gardening with them. Also, I spoke with one of the leaders and there's a project in the works that i'm hoping to get started with them. It has to do with a garden and a big kitchen... :) standby

Now that I have been to most of the beaches in walking distance of my house i'm going on adventures which require more than foot transport. I decided to take a ferry from the north end of the eastern suburbs over to Manly beach and then take another Ferry back to Circular Quay (which is pronounced Circular "Key") and make a big circle. My new friend Lara came with me and we had quite a good time. 

This is is Watson's bay where the ferry leaves from

Watson

We stolled along the beach and enjoyed until the late afternoon:

Lara and I   <- (That's Lara)

It turned out that the ferry we caught home was perfect for seeing the city and sunset. So beautiful!

sunsetsydeny     opera 

 i'm on a boat

(i'm on a boat :) )

It was a great day! and to top it off, our pub trivia team took 1st! Tonight the trivia team is doing something other than trivia (*gasp) and we are going to be part of the "live studio audience" for the taping of a show called Wednesday Night Fever. From what I can tell it's a like a cross between Saturday Night Live and the Colbert Report--politically charged sketch comedy. This goes on the list of strange free things I will find to do in the city. Hopefully there will be LOLs. :)

I'll try to be better about updating. Thanks for your patience and for actually reading this stuff. 

-Darcy....from down under :)

UPDATE: Just got back from filming and it was a hoot. We laughed so hard! AND, I am going to make my Australian TV debut tomorrow at 9:30pm. I was the audience member seated next to one of the actors, so I will be getting some screen time.

Comments

1

Hi Darcy, Glad you are having such a grand time. Look forward to reading your messages. Love, Grampa and Granma in Grand Junction.

  Grampa Jess and Granma Helaine Jul 13, 2013 2:51 AM

About darcyleggett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.