Existing Member?

Adventures in South America

i miss the microwave

BOLIVIA | Sunday, 23 September 2012 | Views [537]

Saturday afternoon, doing work in bed.  Thats the only place the internet works!

well i have spent what seems like an eternity trying to get this new printer to work.  Yesterday it printed a document and today...NOTHING.  its driving me insane.  using a printer should not be this hard. 

I am starting to create some adaptive materials for the school.  A sample of an adaptive book and stand that holds multiple levels of symbols (words, pictures, drawings, photographs and real objects) picture coming soon.  I am hoping to do a workshop for parents and teachers on how to make and use these types of materials.

I am supposed to have a meeting some time next week as well with the director.  I have so many things in my head and I am trying to write a clear document to her about what type of suggestions i have.  So far it just seems all over the place.  Its also hard to share the special education system 1. because its just so huge and 2. without sounding well...snobby.  

There was no school on Friday, so I had a fun night out on Thursday.  I met up with Sophia, a bolivian girl i met through Ron and Dianne, for some drinks at a cool little bar.  It felt nice to be in a bar with a cool vibe, international music and young people.  Then I went to an anniversary party in Zona Sur with the folks from Oliver's pub.  and last an underground bar with lots of dancing.

So here, they dont throw the toilet paper in the toilet, you always put it in the trash because the plumming is bad.  seriously, that is a really hard habit to break.  just thought you all should know.

coming up! sunday frisbee with Ron and the Canadian Emassador, deaf olympics on tuesday at the stadium, first days with Caritas (home visit organization) weekend at lake titicaca with roommate Seryia.

Some things I miss:

microwave

papertowels

cheeseburgers

fabreeze

comfortable pillows

cable TV

diet coke

About danalee


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.