Existing Member?

Adventures in South America

I got sick

BOLIVIA | Thursday, 20 September 2012 | Views [435]

It was bound to happen, I got sick.  My guess is, just like your first year teaching, the kids expose you to thousands and millions of new germs.  Monday afternoon it just took over.  So I have been in bed ever since with swollen glands, stuffed nose and aches.  Thank goodness for the antibiotics I brought with me.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will speed up my recovery!  

Friday was a good night though!  Carlos (my roommate) and I went to Oliver's English Pub.  Olivers is the travelers spot and expat haven.  you hear english all over.  I really like the staff there, some nice Bolivian guys and a very silly australian man.  Friday is apparently costume night.  They had like 100 costumes in this closet, very silly.  So the whole bar was dressed up!  Then Marcelo took us to a sort of pop-up bar/party thing.  We danced and had Pacenas, beers (i cant figure out how to put an n with a curly accent mark over it).

Sunday I met my new roommate, Seryia (not sure if thats how you spell it).  She is 25 and from Zurich.  We walked around, as i looked for a printer.  But everything is closed on Sundays.  

Then it rained! NOOOOOO i am not looking forward to the rainy season, although folks say its still a little while away.  

anyways, not much else is new from La Paz.  

LOVE YOU ALL

About danalee


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.