Existing Member?

Adventures in South America

some things ive been doing

BOLIVIA | Wednesday, 26 September 2012 | Views [468]

I need to write about:
-frisbee game
Ron took me to the french school in zona sur where the canadian ambassador was playing frisbee!  It was such a beautiful field, surrounded by mountains.  there were about 25 people, canadian bolivian and all sorts of nationalities.  there were a lot of different languages happening, french english and spanish all at once.  we played 7 on 7.  I ran one length of the field and threw up a little, embarrassing but true.  combination of the extreme altitude and my unfittness.  after that i was in the groove and was able to play better.  there were some pretty hard core players out there.  I am definitely not at that level!  But it was fun and I am excited to go back.  
-shoe shiner walking tour
See the pictures, it pretty much explains itself
-yummy brazilian food
Rodrigo and Elaine made us muqueca, a tradition north brazilian dish.  IT WAS AMAZING.  it was like a veggie stew that you mix with farofa, which comes from yuca flour.  it was a very different texture than i had ever experienced, but the combination was amazing.  the more satisfying meal ive had in a long time!
-deaf olympics
We went to the stadium and there were 5 schools participating in the festivities!  My school, Huascar Cajias was the smallest.  The kids did an opening march.  Signed the national anthem and then began the events; long jump, sprinting, relays, ball toss.  it was very cute.  the kids were having lots of fun.  
Pictures are coming soon...i hope.  
the next day a bottle of water spilled in my bag and got my camera wet.  Now it doesnt work :(

About danalee


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.