Existing Member?

Away somewhere nice...

Ireland Easter 08

IRELAND | Thursday, 27 March 2008 | Views [541] | Comments [3]

Ten people, three cars, four days, great times!

Arrived fri and loaded into three hire cars and set off for cork, was a good roady, great mix of people, some we knew, some we didnt. Majority kiwis, couple of english and one spanish/japanese american! Great times.

Cork was a cool city - nuthin open tho! being easter fri and all, lucky we were booked into an onto hostel that had a bar!! Rob made the most of that as he only had to stumble upstairs to his bed!! Managed to watch the first half of the cricket on the big screen - great start!! But the wine got the better of me and kathy so we went to bed and let rob and nathan to hang with the randoms!

Next day took a ticky tour to Blarney Castle, did the looksee round - kissed the stone - which kinda grossed me out - but when youre in ireland... missioned up along the coast to Kilkenny - which is a great place! reall colorful cobbled streets and stuff, cold there - altho not as cold as london which was snowing!! had a nosey round the castle grounds and town markets etc before we headed out to our castle!!!! Yip stayed ina  castle!! how cool are we and wasnt just a make believe one - actually spose to be the most haunted castle in england - unfortunately didnt see any ghosts - but that could have been the amount of vodka consumed!!

The castle was 8miles out of Kilkenny and situated near a little village, so we went in to the village for dinner and supplies and then set ourselves up in the banquet room. Had a great night - easy to entertain yourselves when theres ten of you!

Dublin was on the cards for the next day, we got there by lunch so had heaps of that day to look around. Fit in the Guiness factory, yip managed to down a whole guiness - which i do not like!! Paid for it later tho! Had a nosey round the city for the day took in all the sites like good little tourists, and then hit the temple bar area!! Had a great night, lots of laughs and dancing! Definetly felt it the next day where we didnt do much but recover and wander! headed home that arvo - great visit, great people. bring on the next hols!!

 

Comments

1

Hi there,
It was great to hear from you. Ireland looked fabulous. Everything here is going fine. We still miss having you around. Have a great time in Italy.

Maria

  Maria Halliday Mar 28, 2008 5:51 AM

2

Hi there, see you are having a terrible time then. You do realise you can go to Swansea from Cork on a ferry...bleeeuuuurrgghhhh...but is the best place ever- as long as you avoid my family. Miss you. XXX

  Maddy Mar 28, 2008 5:55 AM

3

Oh it brings back the memories!! all our photos look the same!! no ring of kerry or galway? nevermind!! looks like you all had fun!! dublin rocks alright in that temple bar area!! take care xxx

  annalesesharrock Mar 28, 2008 2:46 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.