Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 53 - Nepali Singalongs

NEPAL | Saturday, 5 April 2008 | Views [448] | Comments [1]

Another rainy day as we ran up to Lukla. After lunch Paul had to excuse us early and spewed as he ran ahead! As he's not feeling to good he went to sleep when we arrived at the last lodge of the trip and didn't get up again!

It was great to be back in Lukla with our flight first thing in the morning! We all went out (minus a dying paul) to "The Irish Pub", a small basement with a pool table and warm beer but still a blessing after so long in the mountains! It was great and I won the best of three with Rodger though my game with Marjorie was a bit short-lived - 14 americans crammed into the small room talking loudly, as they do, and making it impossible to play!

As it was the last night we celebrated (again) by eating lots and having a couple of beers. The porters were all very happy after being tipped and joined in for some singing of trekking songs (all nepali) but the old lady that owned the lodge started whacking hands when Moneyraam kept banging on the table! Moneyraam showed us his bent finger from the last time when she had got him! That started a long competition to see who could do my teaching tricks, with the porters struggling the most! I did the fake removal of the thumb when I got desperate, but Karma said it was a vulgar gesture! oops.

The porters gave us a scarf each, a nice blessing that apparently isn't usual for trekking groups. They must have been overtipped! Was a great night, especially when each country sang their national anthems - one of the swedes was a good old-fashioned singer and got really enthusiastic! It was a shame Paul wasn't here and Rodger and Olivia had to sit on a different table, though I wasn't sure if this was because of choice or not. The power started to fluctuate when they played with the DVD karaoke, thankfully noone could seem to work it but it made for great strobe lights!

Comments

1

How did you arrive at name Moneyraam? Surprizingly this is name of my blog on money at blogger http://moneyraam.blogspot.com/

:)

  Pankaj Jangid May 29, 2008 1:48 PM

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.