Existing Member?

The Wild Blue

Arrival in Brisbane

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 20 January 2012 | Views [615] | Comments [2]

Holy shit. I'm in australia.

Still hasnt processed yet.

I had a bit of a hard time coming through customs. Apparently they don't like it when you have no Oz phone number or address, not even the address of a hostel. They gave me a hard time, but finally let me through when i gave them my email address with a promise i would check it all the time. Effective security!

Where i came from abroad with a couple of backpacks, it was apparently sufficient suspicious for them to put me in the "dog team" security queue. not only was it the first time i've had to go through security coming out of an airport, but the first time i was checked by a dog. So they put 5 or 6 of us all in a line and sternly demanded that we stay behind the yellow tape at all times. There's big angry looking security guards standing about and i'm expecting some great big german shephard to come out from the room next to us and roughly route his nose through our stuff. I couldnt help but laugh when out from around the corner comes this tiny, absolutly adorable little beagle. He pokes his nose here and there around the lot us, and not having found anything gives off a little yelp once he's done and is led bag around the corner by his holder. I immediatly think i'm going to like this place.

After that ordeal, I pop on the train and arrive at a hostel i've heard has good reviews, and book in for a week. At this point, i'm so jetlagged that i have just enough time to buy some food and then get it stolen (it was my own fault, i put it in the communal fridge without realising i needed to put my name on it, thereby making it fair game) before crashing for almost 18 hours.

 

Comments

1

Hey Colin.. glad you made it safe and sound - This is a fabulous way to stay in touch.. love the pics..

winter has definately arrived here.. snow day again onb Friday.. supposed to get between 5-10 cm but emded up with 25.. whats up with that.. not pretty is all I can say.. today is -16... so the snow that fell is going absoultely no where.. oh the joys.. however only 2 more months of this stuff..

enjoy your time in Australia...

luv
auntie

  Joni Burry Jan 24, 2012 1:53 AM

2

I just realzied everyone can see my messages so I have to be nice or people will think I'm a jackass. Wait, can I use that word in public?
I love this website mate. I'll keep an eye on your adventure, especially if you get bit by something. Cause that would be funny.
And that's not mean. That's just me.

Awesome pics mate. Heather demands that you show her a koala bear. I insist you try and ride one.

  Seth Jan 27, 2012 7:16 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.