Existing Member?

Europe2015

Naples Friday October 2

ITALY | Friday, 2 October 2015 | Views [272]

Naples (Napoli) won the soccer last night and the city was a mass of fireworks! Woke up this morning to persistent rain. Unfortunately the forecast had been proven right. It suited Scott, who is still struggling to walk (despite the pain killers that had been prescribed), but was frustrating Col. The weather gave us time to attend to those menial tasks (yep, the washing doesn't do itself when you're traveling!), and then lifted a bit after lunch. 

Col took herself off for a walk,  and arrived back some time later with a couple of melting gelatos. While our hotel is very good, it isn't located close to any attractions (except for being quite close to the main train station). We both found the city dirty with a lot of litter, and there is a general feeling of uneasiness on our part. Are we being too precious? Perhaps,  but we are only making the comparison with the rest of Italy which we have loved. 

Had drinks before dinner on the rooftop bar tonight. Still the blare of car horns. We were discussing Naples with our waiter tonight and he agreed with our summation. He said that it is 'the administration.'

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.