Existing Member?

Europe2015

Genoa Wednesday September 23

ITALY | Wednesday, 23 September 2015 | Views [260]

Woke this morning to thunder, lighting and pouring rain. It was by far the coolest day of our trip. 

Left Bellagio this morning with Jeannette and Greg and made our way to Milan. They dropped us at the railway station and we boarded our train for Genoa. They are flying to Berlin tomorrow. Our train trip is an hour and a half. The countryside wizzes by but was mostly crop farming. As we get closer to Genoa the terrain becomes mountainous - we don't go around them, we go through! We catch glimpses of houses built on the hillside with no obvious way to access them. Mostly the scenery is just beautiful. 

When we checked into our hotel we find we have an upgrade - we're staying at the 5 star hotel next door. It is very nice,  but we only have a first floor room without a view. Ventured out towards the port area which is close by. We found it grimy and dirty. There was a lot of Africans,  most of whom seemed to be just hanging around. Our first impressions of Genoa aren't great,  perhaps we looked in the wrong areas. Went to tourist info, but they weren't particularly helpful. We decided to adjourn to our hotel and consult lonely Planet and the booking.com guide!

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.