Existing Member?

Europe2015

Somewhere in the Adriatic Thursday September 17

ITALY | Thursday, 17 September 2015 | Views [176]

Col, Jeannette and Karen (our dining companion) did a tour of the ship's galley this morning. It is comforting to know that on this ship all food is prepared fresh. No packaged food! It does show. 

We are at sea today, so a lazy day. The sea is really calm, with barely any swell. Col is somewhat better, but not 100%. Well that's what Scott thought,until after lunch. There was a 5km walk around the ship raising funds for breast cancer. We walked around the 5th deck, which you can just about get all the way round. The first couple of laps we kept pace with the main group ( there was about 40 all up, then Col decided that wasn't fast enough. She ran a bit, and while Scott tried to keep up without running ( cos he doesn't run ), couldn't catch her. Col even did an extra lap when she caught up with the others. 

Lazed by the pool after that - it was a really pleasant day on deck today, about 27°. Lots of people about with everyone on board today, but there were still enough sun lounges. We think it's fair to say that you see some sights around the pool - and they're generally the ones with their plates piled high ( and we're not talking salads! )

It was a formal dinner again tonight and the food was once again fantastic. Scott tucked into lobster tail and tiger prawns. Yummy! A really good show after dinner,  On the Bayou. About New Orleans and everything it's famous for. Great singing and dancing and very professional. 

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.