Existing Member?

Europe2015

Mykonos Sunday September 13

GREECE | Sunday, 13 September 2015 | Views [273]

At the Veranda Cafe Mykonos

At the Veranda Cafe Mykonos

Scott woke quite early this morning to the roughest part of the trip so far.  The seas were only 2 1/2 metres, but compared to the slight seas we had been experiencing, the ship was rocking. It felt weird being rocked in bed! Col slept through it, so no hint of seasickness. This continued for the next 2 hours until we docked in Mykonos. It was to be an early start today, as the ship was due to leave Mykonos at 1.30pm.

It was extremely windy when we disembarked. It was a short shuttle bus ride to our drop off point and we walked into town. It was pretty much as Col pictured, all the buildings were white with over 95% having blue doors. The lanes were narrow, done in stone and mortar, with even the mortar painted white. The shopkeepers were all busy sweeping outside their shops. They were all friendly, giving us a wave, but there was no hard sell. 

We managed to do 12,000 steps, 9 k's and a staggering 81 flights of stairs (Col's fitbit) in our short time there. Mykonos is quite beautiful and we were rewarded with stunning views from our uphill climb. One thing we do need to mention was the coffee stop we had at the Veranda Cafe in Little Venice. It was by the waters edge with the waves crashing into the rock wall and spraying diners if they were too close. It was an idyllic location and the chocolate and strawberry crepe we enjoyed with our coffees was amazing. For someone who doesn't really do sweets, Scott has had some fantastic desserts. 

Being back early suited Scott, as he was able to watch the motoGP races from San Marino. So near yet so far!

The sea was still quite rough as we set sail for Istanbul, but settled down after an hour or 2. Most of the time you don't feel any movement of the ship. Dinner was again outstanding - it is akin to dining in a 5 star restaurant every night. It is 4 courses, but both of us are trying to skip at least 1 course! 

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.