Existing Member?

Europe2015

Citavecchia Thursday September 10

SPAIN | Thursday, 10 September 2015 | Views [234]

Scott in heaven with his bucket of beer!

Scott in heaven with his bucket of beer!

Awoke in Citavecchia, the port city for Rome. Greg and Jeannette are booked on a bus to go into Rome today, but Col and Scott stay behind. We have 3 nights in Rome to finish our trip and don't want to travel the hour and a half by bus or 1 hour by train into the city. It is asl oa public holiday in Rome we find out. We had every intention of going ashore and going into the port city, but decide to stay on board.

We have a leisurely morning and go for a coffee while our washing is done. We catch up with several missing days of our journal and can't believe how long it took!

The afternoon is spent lazing by the pool and jacuzzi again. With most people off the ship, there is plenty of room for us.

When Greg and Jeannette return they recount their day. The city was very busy and the travel arduous. so we are happy we didn't go. The Trevi Fountain is closed for repair. More drinks and nibbles on our balcony before we head for dinner. Once again the food is fantastic and we enjoy a pleasant eveing finished off with a magic show which was actually very good.

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.