Existing Member?

Europe2015

Toledo Monday 31 August

SPAIN | Monday, 31 August 2015 | Views [197]

The view from our hotel at Toledo

The view from our hotel at Toledo

Hotel Liabeny has been a great base for our 4 days in Madrid which we were sorry to leave. It really has been that good with the staff excellent. We picked up our hire car, a Seat of course - we are in Spain afterall - and made our way to Toledo. That's after we got out of Madrid, which wasn't that easy even with gps assistance. The road system in Spain is really very good, it's just that you had to be in the correct lane to go where you needed to go.

Col reckons the hotel is a gem as it has been built so that all rooms have a panoramic view of the historic old town as per the photo from our balcony. Spent the afternoon walking around the old town, then enjoyed a couple of Cavas (Spanish champagne sampled for cultural harmony) and beers on our balcony.

Had a sumptuous meal in the hotel's restaurant El Olivio and yes another stunning outlook across the countryside. Michelin awards or recommendations were displayed for 2007-2010 and 2014-2015 but the prices were reasonable. Enjoyed with a bottle of excellent Spanish red wine. (Ouch again to day 1 touristy cafe!)

 

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.