Existing Member?

Caitie's Travels

Ullo Gov'ner!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 28 December 2010 | Views [414]

After what seemed like weeks confined to a very small space on the plane, I emerged bleary eyed, stiff and sore into Heathrow Airport! It was 3 degrees when we landed, and there was ice on the wings next to me... catching the train to our friends house there is still evidence of the recent snow at most of the outdoor train stations. 


After arriving at our friends house we tried to beat the inevitable jet lag by entertaining ourselves in London. We started with a walk through Kensington Gardens, where the Round Pond was still half frozen over and the birds looked like they were walking on water - Jesus Birds! Continuing on, we entered Hyde Park and had a look through the Winter Wonderland - markets, rides and food that are there until early January. After enjoying some warming mulled wine and a toasted panini for lunch, we caught the tube to Oxford Street and did battle with the post-Christmas sales, and the attached crowds. This grew quite tiring after a while so we decided to head for the Tower of London. Once we arrived (via London Bridge, which was not falling down), we decided it was VERY cold and we were VERY tired and made the executive decision to head back to the apartment! The aim is to try and stay awake until 8.30pm... could be quite a challenge tonight considering that would be a full 24 hours without sleep (because lets face it, the nanna naps on the plane don't quite cut it!). I do need my beauty sleep though, I have two inductions with teaching agencies tomorrow!

 

About cokeeffe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.