Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

Qingdao (Ching Dow)

CHINA | Tuesday, 30 October 2007 | Views [4517] | Comments [3]

This is our last night in Qingdao. It was once occupied by the Germans for 99 years so it has a little Bavarian touch to it. Some cool European architecture and it's surrounded by six beaches. But it is as cold as it is in Germany right now so it's useless to layout on the beach right now. Although, we saw some crazy old Chinese guys swimming in the water, doing dives and flips off a pier for people to take photos of them. We broke down and bought some gloves. And I can only imagine that it's going to get worse from here on out, especially when we hit Mongolia.

Luckily, the first night we got here there was a hospital up the road so Courtney got to get yet another one of those lovely IVs. And so far so good....*keeps fingers crossed* I'm just glad it's a lot cheaper here to go to the hospital than usual. But it's definitely not your typical hospital...people are laying in the hallways, garbage is being taken out around all the sick people and I'm not even going to get into it about the bathrooms. We could hardly stomach it. Ya'll just pray for me. Please. If I get sick one more time, I might go insane!

There's not much to do here really so it's a perfect place for us to relax and take it easy. There is a really cool open market where people sell food on the streets. And lot's of seafood to choose from. Today we went to this park and took the cable car up to the top to see the lovely views of the city. Aaaand that's about it. Hopefully we will be getting our train tickets to Beijing tonight so that we can leave early tomorrow morning. It's the fastest train there so we should be there in 5 hours. We'll be staying there on Halloween and for about 5 more days 'cause we've got a lot to do and see when we get there. Then we'll post more pictures for you crazy cats.

Well, we're going to watch another movie now and listen to the same songs over and over again until we're tired and pass out. CIAO! 

Tags: Relaxation

 

Comments

1

Courtney! If you just drank tequila you wouldn't be having these sanitation issues.....it's sterile you know..or not!My suggestion is to boil your socks,drink plenty of lysol and stay away from those dragon dancer conga lines.......those guys are too wild and crazy ! Whatever you do...don't buy a coat! If you go towards Nepal and Mt Everest there are tons of supplies (tents coats etc) just lying around.....you may have to remove the coat from a frozen corpse but hey it's free!And Lord knows I'm Alllllllllllll about free. Hope this helps...Dad

  Dr Dad Oct 30, 2007 10:40 PM

2

I'm all caught up on reading of your travels and viewing your pics, sorry I'm not as hip on the lingo as the rest of your fans, but I am amazed at your wit. I do wish you were little again so I could ground you to your room! I'm trying not to worry, you have survived on your own for many years, you are so much braver than I. Hope you feel better and I hope you appreciate Mel.
Love you, Mom

  your mother Oct 31, 2007 1:09 PM

3

words are pretty much meaningless, but when they come from mom.. they have such impact. :) i remember at my moms funeral this lady came up to me and held me and said that my mom was always telling her how proud she was of me and.. it was just.. amazing.

anyways STOP EATING PORK! you are jewish after all

  maria rosa guadalupe esperanza de la hoya Nov 1, 2007 9:27 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.