Existing Member?

Adventures So Far Hey, these are my latest adventures

Nice & Monaco

FRANCE | Tuesday, 8 May 2007 | Views [775] | Comments [1]

Well I'm back in the UK now, but my last couple of days in France were really nice. I spent them in the Cote d'Azur (French Riviera). I stayed in Nice where I spent a day and a half wandering around the streets and along the promenade with the crystal clear water (when it was sunny) beside me. Also tried to get through all the streets in the Old Town which is a small couple of blocks along the water with a maze of old streets, cafes and shops (mostly aimed at tourists). The town was quite beautiful but unfortunately there were road works going on EVERYWHERE which made it a little less pleasant. The main street and almost all of the surrounding streets were effected so it made my navigation skills even worse and resulted in me getting lost again. I then took the train to Monaco about 30minutes along the coast. The train ride alone was worth doing as the train travels directly along the coast for most of the way so I got to catch a glimpse at some of the towns along the way. Arrived in Monaco and spent the day there. Visited the Palace and Monaco Ville up ontop of a clifftop which over looks the rest of the city. They even have a changing of the guards. Quite funny really. There is some beautiful walk ways all the way around the coast and the city which is a much hillier and richer version of Nice. The boats along the main harbour were mind blowing. From Monaco I headed back to Nice before catching my flight back to Heathrow on Sunday.
Nice from the Promenade

Nice from the Promenade

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Hi Claire, just read your journals what a great time you're having so many things to see and do, hey hope you like your next posting

  fiona May 13, 2007 1:23 PM

About claireg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.