Existing Member?

Adventures So Far Hey, these are my latest adventures

Rome and South coast

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 19 August 2007 | Views [560] | Comments [1]

So I've just come back from a fabulous week in Italy. I spent 2.5 days wandering around Rome seeing all the famous sights and then headed to the south coast to sorrento and amalfi for some much needed sun. I stopped at Pompei, Sorrento, Isle of Capri, Amalfi, Ravello and Positano. All of which are absolutely gorgeous and well worth a visit. The highlights of the trip would have to be all of the sights in Rome, sipping coffee in a famous Piazza in Rome with an acoustic guitar busker beside us, taking on the crazy roads on the south coast and checking out the amazing views and landscapes on the isle of capri. I won't bore you with too much written detail, i'll let the photos tell the story!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

I too am going to Italy next spring. However, I would like to know the best way to travel from Rome to the Amalfi Coast. I was thinking of renting a car in Rome and driving all the way down. But many rental agencies charge extra for traveling to Campana because of the high car theft rate. On the other hand, I could take the train to Naples, but then I don't know the best way to get to my final destination (to be determined) from there. I can't seem to find any car rental agencies at the Naples train terminals, and I would be arriving on Sunday when most of the rental offices are closed. I really would like to have my own car while there so that I can explore on my own. Any suggestions?

  Scott Massey Sep 5, 2007 11:45 PM

About claireg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.