Existing Member?

Adventures So Far Hey, these are my latest adventures

Paris Day 3

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 2 May 2007 | Views [502]

So, day 3 in Paris is over and tomorrow I am on the train to Nice. I'm actually looking forward to the 5 hour train ride so I can put my feet up. Took off early this morning to visit the Catacombes, which is a whole lot of old bones buried 20m under the city. Very spooky and pretty morbid but quite amazing to see. Most of the rows of bones are about 1.5-2m high and probably the same deep, so as you can image, a lot of bones. I think the tunnel runs for about 1.5km.

From there I got on the metro and headed to the Louvre where I spent the rest of the day. Saw the famous ones and then tried to work my way around to see a little bit more of the museum. I can't say I'm all that good at appreciating paintings but I did really enjoy the artefacts and different pieces that the gallery has. Saw the famed Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, so I can tick those off my list of things to do.

Overall I think my attempts at speaking french have gotten worse, but I've decided it's just not the language for me. Oh well, maybe the next country I will master.

Tags: Culture

About claireg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.