Existing Member?

Round the World in 301 Days As long as we can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, well make it.

Yangshou (Real China)

CHINA | Thursday, 6 March 2008 | Views [611] | Comments [2]

Well, we made it.  24 hours straight on a train in a totally horizontal position.  Thanks to a book i was quite into i never even noticed the hours ticking by, and Jo seems to have the curious ability to be able to sleep for unnaturally long periods of time - as a result we both have good reviews of the Chinese sleeper trains, although having a bed without any head room at all means that as there is only lying or standing choose from there was a lot of lying.  My back is  k i l l i n g  me!  Were now in sunny Yangshou and have struck accomodation gold again.  Lovely place, clean and a fifth of the price of Shanghai!  Were off out now for breakfast -  it was bread and water on the train yesterday and were both ravenous ; me for some chili based beef concoction and Jo for some Western style munchies.  This place is very tourist oriented but it means that there is masses to do.  Best get started...! 

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

Comments

1

It all sounds great, the photos at the Great Wall are really good. I'll give you a call over the weekend. Love to you both xx

  Mum Mar 7, 2008 8:19 PM

2

Sitting in my comfy armchair awaiting the next exciting armchair adventure.
Train sounds a bit daunting not surprised you had a sore back.
Love to Jo

  kate and co Mar 8, 2008 3:59 AM

About cjmurdoch


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.