Existing Member?

Round the World in 301 Days As long as we can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, well make it.

Shanghai

CHINA | Sunday, 2 March 2008 | Views [703] | Comments [1]

I love it here in Shanghai.  After 12 hours on a sleeper train we were here and the sun was shining. We took the subway to a hostel we found a flyer for and its a palace.  Easily a 3 star hotel, maybe a four. Our room is huge and has a shower and free slippers and all sorts.  As for the city!  The food is brilliant, the atmosphere is much more a homely, friendly, easy going sort of one and i am quite taken with the place.  Today we go shopping having spent the last 2 days looking around and riding the subway like proper tourists.  Tomorrow were going to get another train for 12 hours to another city, but this time were heading inland to see what China looks like away from the coast and away from the 15,000,000 population zone.  In 3 days we will be in real China, where its bicycles only and rice fields a plenty.  Jo is very excited about this and i get the impression this will be her favourite China place - shes been talking about this little town since we decided to come to China.  Ill get on here and let you know how the shopping went, im after a least 5 fine watches today but it wont be hard to find them when everyone you pass seems to be a watch salesman!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Great journals chris, keep it up....cant help but feel there's a book in it somewhere !!

  dad Mar 4, 2008 7:37 PM

About cjmurdoch


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.