Existing Member?

The Adventures of Cindy and Lynn The adventures of Two sisters, who have gone on vacation together every year for......yikes......18 years!!!!! Geez we are getting older. Haha. 2011 was in Thailand. This years adventure is in Morocco.

What day is it???

THAILAND | Sunday, 20 March 2011 | Views [502] | Comments [2]

Well we've had an eventful day. Or is it two??? It is soooo confusing with the time differance. The train ride was an experiance. Our car was tiny, private and beat he heck out of sleeping in the overhead bin like we had done before.. I think we both got more sleep on the train than we had anywhere :)

Around 4:30 we arrived at Chumpon, which is where you get on the bus that takes you to the ferry. BUT the company that we had booked with didn't have a ferry. There had been bad weather (that's their story) and their ferry was still in Koh Tao. We would need to spend the night in Chumpon and take the ferry the next day...........or we could try to get tickets with the other company who actually had a ferry. We got the last two seats on the bus and ferry! There was a lot of people that didn't make it. I felt so bad for them. Chumpon isn't anywhere I would chose to spend the night. So the bus ride was short and we were on the 'fast ferry' and got to Koh Tao this morning.

The weather was perfect and there was a guy with a sign saying Coral View which is where we were staying. His sign had a list of people he was looking for, kinda like at the airport when someone meets you. We thought it was weird that our name wasn't on his sign. Hmmmm, did I mention the whole time/what the heck day is it thing is really confusing? We were a day early hahahahaha. That's why our name wasn't on his list. Luckily they had a room so it was all ok :)

Our room is nice and the view is fantastic. We've already been in snorkeling. Visibility not the best because of the storm a couple days ago, but there were tons of fish, sea cucumbers and christmas tree worms and stuff. Right now we are resting up so we can go forage for food. The restaurant here looks really good. Everyone would love it here, but no one I know would love the getting here part.

We are both feeling good and having fun...........but miss you all! Be careful! Take care of each other! We are :)

llc&l

Comments

1

Hey, What great pictures! It is so good to know that you guys are settled and having so much fun. Things here on the home front are good. Talked to Auntie and we keep emailing each other about your adventures. Love this blog thing. Cathy

  Cathy Mar 20, 2011 11:56 PM

2

Enjoyed hearing about your "exciting" journey!! Cathy and I would not have the "guts" to travel that way. Is the water warm? Do you plan to snorkel every day? Good luck, TOM

  TOM Mar 21, 2011 12:15 AM

About cindyjay


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.