Existing Member?

My Journey, My choice, My decisions My feelings and experiences that I would very love to share with all of you! :)

Trip to East Taiwan

TAIWAN | Saturday, 24 May 2014 | Views [509]

Three years ago on a great summer day my family and I went on a trip to East Taiwan. At that time I was still young and was still looking forward to exciting adventures so I was disappointed when I know we are going to the east of Taiwan, since East Taiwan is better known for its sceneries and views. Yet, when I arrived in East Taiwan I realized I was wrong. Instead, it was a place filled with beautiful views and traditional cultures. Personally I really love the traditional cultures; I like the sensation of the traditional cultures because it allows people to see the passing of times.

Another thing I really loved about this trip is the ambience it conveys. East Taiwan is the side of Taiwan that faces the Pacific Ocean which means that there are a lot of typhoons and natural disasters. When a typhoon hits it usually brings along the destruction of mudslides and floods. Therefore, when I reach East Taiwan I got to see how they fight against those tragedies, and the spirits of them not giving up.

Last, I got to see famous aboriginal tribes in East Taiwan. The way they live, the way they prayed and the ways they work with each other. It all is very interesting! After all, they don’t have cars and easy transportations at that time nor did they have all the sources that we have now. Hence, it allowed me to learn more about the cultures that cultivated me and the way our people lived before.

I always love the old cultures. I love to hear their stories and experiences because I think I can learn so much from them, and grow so much from the lessons within. Therefore, I end up really enjoying the trip, and felt really excited and grateful for having the chance to step on to this journey.

This is a traditional grocery store of Taiwan.

This is a traditional grocery store of Taiwan.

Tags: food, friendly, passionate, people, scene, taiwan

 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.