Existing Member?

My Journey, My choice, My decisions My feelings and experiences that I would very love to share with all of you! :)

I saw the Kiyomizu Temple.

USA | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [256] | Scholarship Entry

During a vacation in January my family and I went on a five days trip to Japan. We visited many famous historical sights, places such as Kinkaku-ji, which is also known as the Temple of the Golden Pavilion, and Kiyomizu Temple.

To start off the story, my original plan for the trip was to see the Kinkaku-ji. I have always been looking forward to see that beautiful golden building. Yet, it was the Kiyomizu Temple that really struck me. The Kiyomizu Temple is a magnificent temple built on a steep cliff, and it is very popular for it's beautiful views and joy of the hopes that it brings to all those that visits.

I will never forget the day when I first saw the Kiyomizu Temple. It was a day filled with frosty cold air, bright sunshine, and some high spirit for traveling. Before I arrive at the Kiyomizu Temple I was expecting to see an old temple with a still atmosphere. However, it was unexpectedly lively. The Kiyomizu Temple was filled with many visitors and travelers, decorating the temple with voices of happiness and laughter. Inside the temple, you could hear people praying for their love ones, and outside the temple you could see people astonished by the amazing scene, and I was one of the ones that were shocked by what I am seeing.

Since the temple was built on a high cliff, if you yield your head you could see the trees and hidden paths below you; if you raise your head you could see the whole sky expanding above you. To me that was a really breath taking experience, because the place where I grew up is full of tall buildings and skyscrapers. It is even hard to see a small patch of green in the city, not to say having the forest underneath me and whole sky spreading out over me.

At the same time of being surprised, I can sense the calm and historical feeling around me, and I felt like I was part of the temple. I am not Japanese, nor was I ever around during that long historical period, yet, the Kiyomizu Temple gives me the sensation of gentleness and home. I was really relaxed during the trip and had really enjoyed the peace that it brings me; therefore, I think Kiyomizu Temple is one of the places I will never forget. It will also be a wonderful experience that I would like to share with my friends, and a recommendation to others.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.