Existing Member?

Volunteering in the DR

Vacation

USA | Tuesday, 14 July 2009 | Views [525] | Comments [3]

The last two weeks have been surreal, but nice. My two wacky cousins -Lety and Becky- came to wisk me away from work and into the beach life. I never want to leave it. I have not only been blessed with their company, but had full use of running water, even hot water. Just ask my cousins how they enjoyed my water-less house. It was an adventure for all of us. My first visitors are about to leave me, and it is going to be sad to return to my empty house and get back into the swing of my volunteer lifestyle. Not looking forward to it. But, I had the most amazing time traveling, sunning, drinking, eating, brugal bracelet collecting. Thanks girls!!!

Shout-out to my peeps in California!! This trip has been wonderful. It's been filled with a ton of laughs, a lot of rum, a few tears, and a never ending flow of love. Haha. I'm sad that it's over, but I'm confident that the three of us will be reunited again. All my love, {Becky Q.}

Lety says hi. She is somewhere busy downstairs....

P.S. Pictures of our mayhem to come soon.

Comments

1

I miss you already!!

  BQ Jul 17, 2009 3:43 AM

2

i saw a bunch of the pics - and it looked amazing. you look so great and so happy - and i can't wait for you to be back to see my teenagers - wait - i mean - little schoolers.

i hope we can visit too, but i doubt it - but keep enjoying yourself - we miss you a lot!
sara

  sara Jul 20, 2009 5:27 PM

3

How wonderful for your wacky cousins to surprise you with a visit.I haven't even seen the pic and I now from the comments from them and your past vactions with them that you three had a great time.
Have to go look at the pic. Hay kelly bought a home and we will be visiting it this weekend. Home in Moorpark. And a new BF.
Take care as always.

  Lydia Jul 23, 2009 3:14 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.