Existing Member?

Europe 2012

Paris!

FRANCE | Wednesday, 20 June 2012 | Views [378]

We have made it to Paris! What a gorgeous city. Yesterday we caught the Chunnel from London to Paris and began our Parisian experience at the Eiffel Tower. Paddy, Adams friend from Kenya, met us on the grounds of the tower for a happy reunion. The lines were insane to go up the tower but we figured out a faster line, phew! Climbed the stairs to the 2nd platform and took the lift the rest of the way, thank goodness. The view from the top was delightful! After wandering about for a bit we grabbed some pizzas at the nice cafe. When we returned to the hostel we discovered how cheap wine is in Paris (our downfall). We met some Canadians from Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal that were a delight to hang out with. As the night progressed we ended up in a crazy competition between the Aussies and Canadians.... We lost. Needless to say some of us are feeling better than others this morning. Today we are going to take it easy and wander about the streets of Paris for awhile. Our hostel is amazing and sits on a canal which makes a lovely place to eat our meals and drink or wiiinnnne! 
St. Christophers Paris is highly recommended :) 

Tags: paris

About christie


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.